Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you accept insurance? -
I am not an in-network provider for any insurances. I do not interact with insurance companies in any way. However, I can provide you with a superbill (itemized receipt) for insurance reimbursement.
- What are your rates without insurance? -
$150 per individual, relationship, or family 45 to 50-minute session
I offer a sliding scale when available.
For anyone that needs it, I can provide a superbill (itemized receipt) for insurance reimbursement.
- Why would I not use insurance if I have it? -
There are a lot of benefits to not using insurance! Here are a few:
1. In order for insurance to cover any mental health care, a diagnosis has to be made. This means that the diagnosis and the accompanying treatment become a part of your permanent medical record and can be considered a "pre-existing condition" in the future.
2. There are also a lot of conditions that do not meet criteria for a diagnosis (i.e. any type of relationship therapy, academic/employment issues, spiritual counseling, etc.), and an ethical therapist cannot diagnose simply for the sake of using insurance.
3. There is a lack of confidentiality with your treatment if using insurance as your records can be accessed by them at any time. When insurance is billed, they can audit your records, which gives them full access to any details your therapist has, including progress notes.
4. Using insurance for therapy comes with a lot of strings attached. There is greater flexibility and autonomy in your treatment without insurance because there are no restrictions on length of care or frequency of sessions. You determine what your care looks like, not the insurance company.
5. Finding a therapist that specializes in what you're looking for that is also in-network can be extremely difficult. People often find a "perfect" fit for them, but ultimately settle for someone less qualified in order to utilize their benefits. This often leaves clients frustrated with their therapy experience.
If you have any further questions regarding this, please feel free to reach out.
- Do you see people from Kansas and Missouri? -
I am licensed in both Kansas and Missouri, so I can clients in person or via telehealth from either state.
- Do you provide teletherapy? -
*Updated since COVID-19* Teletherapy services are available.
- What payment methods do you accept? -
I accept all major credit/debit cards, cash, check, and HSA cards. There is no penalty for paying with a card.
- What is your cancellation policy? -
I require a minimum of 24 hours notice to cancel/reschedule appointments. No shows or late cancellations will result in a fee equal to the full session fee that was scheduled. Clients that no show or cancel late twice risk being discharged from services.
- Do you prescribe medications? -
No, I am not a medical doctor. However, I am happy to offer referrals to psychiatrists for you to see if you wish to pursue medication management services.
Please contact me for any other questions!